Subject: Re: your mail
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/13/1999 13:18:56
On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> > > Please try the following patch, or just add ``--without-cxx'' to the
> > > end of "CONFIGURE_ARGS..." by hand.
> >
> > Hum... didn't we just remove that option to avoid some other problems? :-/
>
> <sigh>
>
> So what else does it do? It seems to me that all it does is not build
> the c++/demo, which doesn't get built anyway on 1.4.1 without libg++.

OK, Christoph reminded me that it was "--with-cxx" that was removed.
If removing "--with-cxx" is good, then "--without-cxx" is better.
Specifically, c++/demo was being pulled in, I suspect only because of
an old libg++ lying around. You can't just say, "get rid of libg++,"
because someone might actually have it installed for a reason.

This sure looks like it will help Gandhi... if no one else. I went
ahead and committed it this morning, before the supscan. Still
awaiting feedback.