Subject: Superfluous link in 'do-extract'?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/02/1999 15:33:45
Just done a re-org, so that I export pkgsrc read-only to a number of clients
(but keep it read-write on the server).  On all machines WRKOBJDIR is set.

If I build a package on the server and then try to build the same package on
a client, the client build will fail.  This is because 'do-extract' does :

  ${RM} -f ${WRKDIR_BASENAME};

and

  ${LN} -s ${WRKDIR} ${WRKDIR_BASENAME}

The ln succeeds on the server, making the link 'work -> $WRKOBJDIR/...', but
when the client builds, the rm fails as the file system is read-only.  The
build doesn't appear to need the symbolic link, and commenting out the line
makes both builds succeed.

PS. bsd.pkg.mk,v 1.307 1999/07/28 10:58:30 agc

--
          NetBSD - the most widely ported operating system available