Subject: dependencies
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Mirian Crzig Lennox <lennox@alcita.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/24/1999 09:14:24
I'm a bit new to this list, so forgive me if this has been hashed out
before...

I've been trying to use the package system and I have noticed
something a little irritating: If, for example, package foo depends on
package bar-3.5.2, and I have bar-3.5.3 installed, pkg_add still
complains that I need bar-3.5.2.  Other package systems like rpm and
debian's dpkg seem to know that a newer minor release is as good as an
older one.  Am I misunderstanding something here, or is that the way
pkg_add really is supposed to work?

--
Mirian Crzig Lennox                                Systems Anarchist
  "Don't follow leaders... watch the parking meters."  --Bob Dylan