Subject: path confusion...
To: <>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/23/1999 09:57:35
I'm just finishing up packaging Ted (a WYSIWYG RTF word processor).  I
have 1 final question though.  Ted comes with a US English spelling
dictionary and as an extra option, about 10 different languages can be
installed.  My thought is to not install any dictionaries at all with the
Ted package but then create  Ted-spell-US, Ted-spell-UK, Ted-spell-FR,
etc. packages for different languages.  My confusion comes in here though.

In the Ted package Makefile I have:

USE_MOTIF=      YES
USE_X11=        YES

and

BUILD_ENV+=	'-DIND_DIR="${PREFIX}/share/Ted/ind"'

The result is that Ted gets installed with PREFIX=/usr/X11R6 (on my
machine) and the directory /usr/X11R6/share/Ted/ind gets compiled in as
the location for spelling libraries.

So when I make a package Makefile for the spelling dictionaries, should I
go ahead and set

USE_X11=	YES

to make ${PREFIX} get set to X11BASE even though the spelling dictionaries
don't really use X11?  The spelling dictionary packages really just
extract a single file and install it (no compilation).

Or should I do
USE_X11BASE=	YES

Thanks for any suggestions.

-Dan