Subject: Re: Netscape package and 'flash' shockwave plugin
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/21/1999 16:35:13
Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com> writes:
> I really think that both the navigator and communicator packages should
> install a symlink called just `netscape' in ${PREFIX}/bin, and CONFLICT= on
> each other -- you shouldn't need both, and in fact, if you run both at once
> you waste a lot of memory that could be shared text.

I could imagine a reason you might want to run/provide both at once...

navigator for the users who don't want the full thing, communicator
for people who do.

I know that when i use communicator, the possibility of opening things
in composer (from the "Open") box does nothing but annoy me.  if it
were possible on a per-user basis to complete disabled (except in
preferences) the non-navigator bits, that's solve the problem.  8-)

cgd