Subject: Re: mysql/alpha bug
To: None <>
From: None <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/17/1999 12:36:58
On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Eric Ding wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running MySQL 3.22.22 on NetBSD/Alpha 1.4.  Everything was compiled
> as part of the /usr/pkgsrc package, with egcs 1.1.1.
>
> I've discovered what appears to be a bug in MySQL on the NetBSD/alpha
> port.  The bug has to do with the "text" and "blob" datatypes, which are
> used to store strings that can be larger than 255 characters.  On the
> Alpha port, creating a table with text (as opposed to varchar) datatypes
> and then adding entries in somehow corrupts the table.  If I try do a
> "select *" command, then the server will often crash.  When it doesn't
> crash, it shows garbled/chopped text or none at all.  I've included below
> a log from a MySQL session.

I am not sure if this counts for much. I have seen a problem building the
DBD Mysql driver. It fails the blob tests. I have not figured out what the
problem is so I just racked it up to a problem with the test script. But
if you are having blob problems then there may be a bug that is making
itself felt.

Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (416)585-9971
Interlink Connectivity        ||   fax:   (416)585-9974
alvin@iplink.net              ||