Subject: new package ideas.
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/15/1999 16:20:33
Hi folks,

There's a program called "watch" that I grabbed of one of the
comp.sources newsgroups years ago that I thought would be nice to add to
pkgsrc (I'm on a slow mission to have nothing in /usr/local/bin :-).

It seems that it's being currently maintained as part of the "procps"
package(?) that some linux distributions use.

I've found a few locations for source .tar.gz and .rpm files, but (not
being a Linux user), I've got no idea what to list as the master site.
From the looks of things we can't handle rpm files at the moment, so
that counts out half the references I've found :-)  "tsx-11.mit.edu"
seems to be close to the top of the tree from what I can tell, but
that's timing out at the moment.  The following seems ok:
ftp://ftp.slackware.org/pub/linux/slackware/source/a/procps/procps-2.0.2.tar.gz

The other option is to refer to the original comp.sources.unix shar file
and apply some of the procps patches (things like strcat->strncat) by
hand.

Any ideas on what would be cleanest and/or best to do?

Simon.