Subject: Re: Proposal: new binary package format
To: None <tv@pobox.com>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/31/1999 19:22:24
tv@pobox.com (Todd Vierling) writes:

>If you re-read what I said, it would be trivial to add an option to
>pkg_delete that will delete files marked by:

>@config %D/etc/foo/bar

I think this particular syntax is a bad choice because it is prone to
pastos etc..  I'd rather have something like:

@config share/examples/foo/bar $D/etc/foo/bar

Which makes it harder to install the wrong file by accident.  It's not like
characters are a scarce resource or something.

Personally, I find @trydirrm more descriptive.

--
Christoph Badura					www.netbsd.org

	Anything that can be done in O(N) can be done in O(N^2).
	-- Ralf Schuettau (after looking at a particular piece of code)