Subject: `newpkgsrc'anoncvs available
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/30/1999 20:14:34
My pkgsrc proposals seem to be meeting approval, but they do have some
significant impact on *all* of pkgsrc, so I've started up a private CVS
server to handle the changes until they're all finished and all of pkgsrc
(that's a lot of manual building... ;) is updated and checked.

I have added anoncvs ability to this CVS server, which will import NetBSD
pkgsrc periodically.  If you wish to follow some of the development of these
pkgsrc changes, you can checkout a newpkgsrc repository, or see the
broken-out tree via FTP.

    cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.duh.org:/cvs login
    Password: anoncvs

    cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.duh.org:/cvs co -P newpkgsrc

The vendor branch (NetBSD pkgsrc) is NETBSD, and all updates are done to the
head of the tree.  Imports of pkgsrc will be done manually so I can catch
conflicts quickly.

A broken-out newpkgsrc is also available at:

    ftp.duh.org:/pub/NetBSD-hacks/newpkgsrc/

and a tarball with `CVS' directories pointing to anoncvs@cvs.duh.org:

    ftp.duh.org:/pub/NetBSD-hacks/newpkgsrc.tar.gz

As I type this, the repository *is* NetBSD pkgsrc.  I'll add the
already-done changes tonight.