Subject: Re: Re: bsd.pkg.mk proposal 2: file control
To: None <tv@pobox.com>
From: Bernd Salbrechter <bernd@mycity.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/27/1999 00:14:22

On Tue, 25 May 1999 09:07:02 -0400 (EDT), Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 25 May 1999, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>
> : > : - A non-US user running 'make fetch' will grab these sources as well.
> : > :   (make fetch is usefull for burning CDs).
> : >
> : > See NO_MIRROR.  "make mirror-distfiles" should be used for CDs, NOT "make
> : > fetch".
> :
> : For a public CD yes, but for a private one (I burn just one, to bring up
> : with me at home) 'make fetch' is better.
>
> And I forgot to say:  "see DIST_LICENSES={usa,non-usa}-crypto".  This
> restricts fetching, no matter whether using mirror-distfiles or not.  :)

A problem I see here is, that some may burn CDs on non NetBSD hosts
(i.e. Linux). Wouldn't it be an good Idea to put all distfiles,
which are not public fetchable in a separate directory (maby a
subdirectory of ${DISTDIR}). This make it easy to exclude it in a
mirror configuration.

Bernd Salbrechter

PS: I have comment an other proposal of you, but only in "tech-pkg",
if you are not reading it drop me a mail, that can I send you a copy
of it.