Subject: Re: bsd.pkg.mk proposal 2: file control
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/21/1999 13:26:23
On Fri, 21 May 1999, Simon Burge wrote:

: At the moment, you need an /etc/mk.conf with something in to be able
: to type "make pacakge" and end up with something that can be dumped on
: ftp.netbsd.org (ie, covers licencing, crypto, etc).  With the above
: variable set, I take it that this will be the case (I don't need a
: special /etc/mk.conf entry) when this gets implemented?

As an addendum, my Proposal 2 is actually more restrictive by default than
even the requirements of ftp.netbsd.org.  For package tarballs uploadable to
ftp.netbsd.org, you would need ACCEPTABLE_DIST_LICENSES=source-dist-required
in order to build binary pkgs of GPL'd software.

This deals with the fact that the GPL requires a 3-year availability of
source on all binary distributions (Hello Manuel[?]!  This is part of why we
can't Just Clean "distfiles").