Subject: umask setting for installs
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/13/1999 14:46:20
Folks,

I've gotten in trouble a couple of times for building packages and
uploading them to ftp.netbsd.org with my umask set to 022 so other
people can't add packages to categories I've created.

If I set my umask to 002 on my build machine (which normally it is!),
"make install" complains bitterly that my umask setting may bugger
things up.  bsd.pkg.mk has a DEF_UMASK variable - it shouldn't be to
hard to use a USE_DEF_UMASK that you could set in /etc/mk.conf for just
"make install" but leave things as they are for the rest of the "make".
I'm not sure after a look at bsd.pkg.mk how cleanly this could be done
though.

Sound good in theory?

Simon.