Subject: url2pkg
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/06/1999 06:31:12
I've just added a package "url2pkg" (it's in the pkgtools category), which
is intended to help creating packages. Just give it the URL of a source
archive, and it will make some effort to create a binary from it:

 - setup a basic Makefile
 - run "make fetch" and "make makesum"
 - generate a dummy pkg/PLIST
 - run "make extract"
 - try to find out the WRKSRC (if needed)
 - try to find out of this package uses GNU auto-configure

After that, you're left on your own, but I think it's better than nothing.
At least the reactions I got when showing it to some people indicated
this. YMMV.

Let me know if you have some comments or want to donate a man-page. :)

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>