Subject: Re: openssl doesn't build on mac68k-1.4_beta
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/01/1999 11:53:14
On Sat, 1 May 1999, Todd Vierling wrote:

> I'll put the fix in for you (I hadn't thought to look for SSLeay PRs).

Thanks! FYI, make test in the top level directory (with the patch
dropped in) leads to "*** All Test Successful ***."

I see that you've already found pkg/7288 (ssl patch for lynx). I've
already updated the patch at
<ftp://ftp.enteract.com/users/fb/NetBSD/patch-lynx> to use openssl
instead of ssleay. [If you've downloaded it already, please do again
post the time of this message.] Build is in progress--mac's are slow.
If I had to do it over, I think I would have submitted it as a
seperate package (lynx-ssl) for consistency with apache-ssl and
friends. As it is, I had some fun making a "smart-patch" script that
conditionally applies itself.