Subject: Re: "forging" package installation
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/14/1999 07:50:33
In article <19990413203531.A5426@noc.untraceable.net>,
	Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net> writes:
> is there an easy (easier) way to "forge" the installation of a package
> in /var/db/pkg ...

Don't do that. Package versions might contain special options, extensions
and bug fixes.

> and now weblint thinks that perl5 is installed, so i can install
> it without building me another new (and unnecessary) perl.

That unnecessary perl would have had at least two fixes which you missed
now. It would be wiser to remove that self made perl installation and
use the package version. If you have programs using "/usr/local/bin/perl"
create a link pointing to "/usr/pkg/bin/perl".

	Regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                http://home.owl.de/~tron/