Subject: Postgresql and php?
To: NetBSD-pkg <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Millen <webmaster@largesalad.co.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/09/1999 12:58:45
Hi,

Has anyone used php/apache with postgresql? If so, what
changes are required to the the pkgsrc files.

The docs with postgresql mention using it, but the pkgsrc
Makefile for php shows that our pkgsrc version is set up to
work with mySQL(it's actually a REQ package).

Now, I'm using postgresql rather than mySQL because the last
time I tried mySQL (on arm32), it would only compile the
client because of a lack of threads inNetBSD/arm32. Also,
I'm fairly familiar with postgresql.

I suppose I could write perl or C cgi scripts to do the same
job on my own systems, but it would be nice if I could save
myself the time.

Any help/pointers would be much appreciated!

TIA
Dave.
--
Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot!

e-mail: webmaster@largesalad.co.uk
net: http://www.largesalad.co.uk/DJMsoft/