Subject: package build bugfix sweep
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: John Darrow <John.P.Darrow@wheaton.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/08/1999 13:26:28
As has probably become apparent from my recent pr's, I've been running
through a local copy of pkgsrc doing a cleanup sweep.  Among the things
I'm fixing are install flags, such as replacing install -c -s with
${INSTALL} ${COPY} ${STRIPFLAG} (and using the INSTALL_* macros where
appropriate), and dependencies on X not marked by USE_X11* or USE_MOTIF.

Also, as much as certain individuals may think it is "broken by design"
(I personally think both imake and the whole concept of config files in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11 are "broken by design"), I've built an updated
xpkgwedge package.  The main obstacle which kept this package from
working before was a bug in the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/X11.rules file, which
was fixed in today's supscan.  I also put together a few patches to
bsd.pkg.mk which go with it (such as automatically giving --x-includes
and --x-libraries flags to GNU configure if any of USE_X11* or USE_MOTIF
is defined).  As part of this, one of the other things I've been doing
on my sweep through is fixing packages which installed in or depended on
non-system stuff in X11BASE to instead refer to PREFIX.  If xpkgwedge is
not installed, things should install just as they did before.

I'll be submitting these modifications probably starting this afternoon.
I'd be willing to do the work of actually getting these into the tree if
given access.

jdarrow

--
John Darrow
Computing Services, Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL