Subject: xps package: -lXt need -lSM and -lICE on mac68k
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/07/1999 14:49:48
The xps package does not work in it's present state on mac68k, but it
can be made to work by linking in -lSM and -lICE manually. That's not
too surprising, since the Xt lib is documented to depend on SM and
ICE, but it's not built (on mac68k, at least) with SM or ICE linked in.

I have noticed that xps segfaults under heavy activity on the Mac with
the default refresh of 1s--at 3s, however, everything is fine.

On i386, xps _does_ _not_ link in SM and ICE, either, yet it does OK
without them. Can anyone explain to me what the difference is?