Subject: Re: Out of date DEPENDS and installed packages
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/06/1999 04:16:57
On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	      - Are DEPENDS of the form 'teTeX-*' legitimate?

No. I've fixed the DEPENDS pointed out below.

> 	      - Would anyone like a copy? :)

Yes! :-) Via mail would be ok...

> 	      - Should I commit (a definitely cleaned up) version of
> 		this under pkgtools? Ideas for a name (I currently
> 		call it 'pkg_check').

I don't know if this is really useful to every user, but I could imagine
running it every night together with the jobs that fetch distfile to
ftp.netbsd.org and create the README.html files there.
(And maybe dig out who touched the file/DEPENDS line fast and direct the
output directly to that user .-)

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>