Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/30/1999 15:04:31
(moving this to tech-pkg)

On 30-Mar-99 Hubert Feyrer spoke unto us all:
#  On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Tim Rightnour wrote:
# > Update of /cvsroot/pkgsrc/japanese/micq
#  Um, why on earth is this in "japanese"?
#  So far, all our "chat" clients are int "net"...

Here is why I put it in japanese:

#1 It's a japnese language-ready pkg.
#2 It's in japanese in FreeBSD.

I guess the bigger question raised by all this is, where do we want packages
like this to go?  What is the purpose of the "japanese" category?

a) It's for pkgs that support japanese.
b) It's for pkgs that only support japanese.
c) It's where we duplicate pkgs in other categories, with japanese support.

I think the fact is that 90% of the japanese pkgs are just japanese-enabled
ports of other packages, or add-ons, chich probably do belong there.

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org