Subject: perl (pre)release announcements
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/30/1999 00:59:20
Hi,

Hubert Feyrer suggested this might be an appropriate place to post
Perl (pre)release announcement messages once in a while.  This is very
low-volume traffic, the current message frequency is less than twice a
month.

The idea being something along the lines: we (the Perl developers)
post, you test (if you have the interest and the time).  By the time
real Perl releases roll out, no compatibility 'surprises' should remain.

An extensive selection of operating system suppliers is already on
the announcement list (e.g. the two "other" *BSDs :-) (and most
Linux distributors, and most commercial UNIXes, and ...)