Subject: Re: Default LDFLAGS
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/26/1999 11:47:21
[ On Wednesday, March 24, 1999 at 10:46:31 (+0100), Manuel Bouyer wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Default LDFLAGS
>
> Ok, so I have to use CFLAGS+= and LDFLAGS+= in my pkg Makefile.
> The strange things is that some GNU autoconf scripts seems to look in
> in /usr/pkg/lib, /usr/pkg/include automatically, while some others don't ...

I've posted on the autoconf mailing list a proposal to add some proper
command-line options to the "configure" script in an attempt to straight
this mess out.  Unfortunately some folks think that GNU Autoconf should
stick strictly to the GNU Coding Standards, and they say that nothing
should ever be anywhere but /usr/{include,lib} and /usr/local/{include,
lib}, so they're reluctant to add a generic fix.  There was a fair
response though suggesting that many folks would indeed appreciate a
proper solution even if it does violate GNU.

--
							Greg A. Woods