Subject: Re: how long does it take?
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/23/1999 13:57:19
On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> The problem with TNT is that it isn't just a terminal program
> but also a amateur radio bbs which can be interfaced with other
> ham-radio comms programms. This is the reason why it was installed
> into /usr/pkg/tnt. It also allows remote execution of binaries and
> scripts similiar to ftp. These binaries and scripts need to be
> stored into a seperate directory to restrict access to only those
> commands. Where would one install them? I am sure nobody wants them in
> /usr/pkg/bin!

Looks like /usr/pkg/tnt is indeed the best solution then.
It would be nice to place it somewhere else, though, by setting some
compile-time variable (I think the glunix package can serve as an example
here).

> Also, where do unix sockets belong to, /tmp, /var/run or else?

Um, last time we went through this, i think we decided on /var/run.

> Can I use /var/spool/tnt to create the tree structure needed for the
> bbs? All those directories such as abin, bcast ctext newmail etc. pp.
> where should they go? These are used to hold the downloaded/uploaded
> messages e.g. mail forwarding via AX25.

/var/spool/tnt looks ok (not knowing what will go in exactly, but assuming
it's data files). Again redirecting via some variable wouldn't hurt.

> Well, I've got wampes and tfkiss already lined up, but I was waiting
> for the succesful submission of my first package. Other packages
> will follow as soon as I've completed tnt. Once this is done
> correctly, maintaining this package will be easy...

Heh, so you'ce chosen to start with the most difficult one? ;-)

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>