Subject: Re: Changing root's shell to /bin/sh
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/19/1999 11:33:01
On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> My suggestion was to maybe generate companion packages. So in addition to
> say the tcsh package, we have a tcsh-static package. This package has a
> different name, and conflicts with the tcsh package (likewise the tcsh
> package conflicts with tcsh-static). tcsh-static would then set a few make
> variables (different name, set static link options...) and then .include
> ../tcsh/Makefile. files, patches, and pkg could just be symlinks into the
> tcsh package.
>
> Thoughts?

1. You'll have problems with symlinks in CVS
2. if you have tcsh-static-6.07 installed and you want to add tcsh-6.07,
    you'll get an error that it's allready installed. Yes, this is a
    bug(*).

 - Hubert

(*) Wanna help me fix it? Tell me how to match more than one char from a
char class in shell-globbing syntax:

rfhpc8002% ls tcsh-*
tcsh-1.2        tcsh-static-1.2
rfhpc8002% ls 'tcsh-[^-]'
ls: tcsh-[^-]: No such file or directory

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>