Subject: Re: Changing root's shell to /bin/sh
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org, skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU>
From: Not for internal consumption <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/17/1999 21:01:19
Ken Nakata sez:
/*
 * [Note Reply-To: header]

Noted.

 * Hmm, is it such a good idea?  I personally hate pkg's getting
 * installed even in /usr/X11R6...
 *
 * If rationale behind it is "it's okay since we can track them down by
 * /var/db/pkg/*", why should we be installing pkg's into /usr/pkg in the
 * first place?  They could be installed *anywhere at all*.

...which is why we can set LOCALBASE and X11BASE.  I agree that they
could be installed *anywhere at all*.  This is adjustable on a
site-by-site basis as the site admin  prefers.

 *
 * Ken
 *
 */

				--*greywolf;
--
Timesharing is dead.
Microsoft Windows-NT is going to take over the desktop completely.