Subject: pkg_delete -R
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/08/1999 01:50:18
I've just committed code to pkg_delete to add a -R flag similar to what
Chris Hopps' -r flag does, just the other way 'round:

 -r: deletes a package and everything that depends on it.
	Basically this let's one delete all these nasty packages that
	depend on some library or "low level" package like gtexinfo with
	one command.
 -R: delete a package and all the packages it depends on.
	This let's one remove all the packages that were installed when
	adding some large package like KDE that comes with dozends of
	inter-depending packages.

The code's in -current right now, and I would like to get this into the
pkgsrc/pkg_tools/pkg_install package soon, unless I hear complains (soon!).

This code will allow a proper "make depend DEINSTALLDEPENDS=YES".

Thanks to Chris Hopps for the -r code in the first place, which was a
valuable source of information for this. :)

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>