Subject: Re: cleaning out old distributions
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: What EES eet man? <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/03/1999 15:05:19
find -newer comes to mind if you can keep a file (.keep_me?) from being
updated...

Hubert Feyrer sez:
/*
 *
 * On 3 Mar 1999, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
 * > I'd like some sort of way to generate a list of all the distribution
 * > files that are associated with any package so that I can remove any
 * > file NOT on the list from my local distrib/. Its gotten too hard to
 * > try to clean it out by hand.
 * >
 * > Opinions?
 *
 * You can't only rm the files not (no more) associated with pkgsrc-current,
 * but you also need to keep them back to (at least) the pkgsrc from the
 * last release. No idea how to do that - maybe "find -mtime" or so.
 *
 *
 *  - Hubert
 *
 * --
 * Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
 *
 */

				--*greywolf;
--
Organized Religion (OR g@ nizd  re LIJ @n) n.  A "morally aligned" elite
consisting of people who want to change everyone else's world to be like