Subject: Re: did the "make reinstall" functionality get slightly broken in 19990119?
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/03/1999 13:12:09
[ On Wednesday, March 3, 1999 at 18:26:48 (+0100), Hubert Feyrer wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: did the "make reinstall" functionality get slightly broken in  19990119?
>
> On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > Yes, but doesn't pkg_delete need to open and read the
> > $PKG_DBDIR/$PKG_NAME/+CONTENTS file that was just removed?
>
> No, read my patch.
> I was thinking about that solution too, but decided to do it different, so
> this even works after someone has done silly things to $PKG_DBDIR. :)

Yes, sorry.  I realized shortly after I sent that message that even if
the db key was the filename, you didn't necessarily have to use it and
that a sequential read through the database wouldn't be that expensive,
and in re-inspecting your patch and reading the rest of the program I
saw that the package name was used to find the files.  It is a safer
algorithm and achieves the desired result, not some facsimile which is
all you'd get if you only deleted the files from the database that were
listed in the "current" +CONTENTS file.

--
							Greg A. Woods