Subject: Re: did the "make reinstall" functionality get slightly broken in
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/03/1999 00:56:10
On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Well, that's not strictly true.  From the guts of the "fake-pkg" target:
>
> .if defined(FORCE_PKG_REGISTER)
> 	@${RM} -rf ${PKG_DBDIR}/${PKGNAME}
> .endif
>
> Clearly the above is inadeqate now that pkgdb.byfile.db has been
> implemented.

Correct.

I've placed two patches to bsd.pkg.mk and pkg_delete up at the URLs below,
please try them out, they shut up that "key is already present" messages
for me. Please let me know[*] if this works for you.

http://rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de/~feyrer/pkg_delete-O.part1
http://rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de/~feyrer/pkg_delete-O.part2

(I still do not think that FORCE_PKG_REGISTER should be used here, the
handling in bsd.pkg.mk is broken, hence this fix).

 - Hubert

[*] I've had trouble in the past with replying to you, mail to you bounces
    because my mail host doesn't have a MX record. Please make sure you
    use some sane mail address if you want an answer from me!

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>