Subject: did the "make reinstall" functionality get slightly broken in 19990119?
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/02/1999 01:47:40
I've been working on a new pkgsrc module, and as you might expect I've
been doing some "make reinstall" operations.

I've noticed that ever since upgrading to the 19990119 version of the
pkg tools (on either 1.3.3 systems, or by virtue of running a more
recent -current system), the re-install spews a whole lot of rather
obvious messages, even with "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER=yes" set:

===>  Registering installation for foo-1.3.2
pkg_create: Overwriting /usr/pkg/foo/bar/file1 - pkg foo-1.2.3 bogus/conflicting?

pkg_create: Overwriting /usr/pkg/foo/bar/file2 - pkg foo-1.2.3 bogus/conflicting?

and so on, one for every file in the PLIST.

I don't think it should be doing this (it never did before either) --
especially since this happens with the perscribed procedure for doing
re-installs without deleting the package.

The blank line is particularly annoying and non-Unix-like too.

--
							Greg A. Woods