Subject: Package updates -- concept
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Incorrigible punster -- do not incorrige <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/30/1999 09:30:04
Something just hit me this morning.  I think it was the toaster.

Has the problem of updating packages been solved yet?  You know, the one
where if you upgrade one package, some other package insists that its
_predecessor_ be installed? :-(

Are the packages cross-referenced, i.e., does a package make note of
both that upon which it depends as well as that which depends on it?

If that is not so, should we not make it so?

If that is so, then we could update those items which depend upon package
foo-x.y to depend upon foo-x.y++ instead.

If this is a non-issue, i apologise for the waste of bandwidth.  Good
morning (US/Pacific).

				--*greywolf;
--
Microshaft:  Where do you want to crash today?