Subject: Re: splitting pkgsrc.tar?
To: Robert V. Baron <rvb@cs.cmu.edu>
From: The Grey Wolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/29/1999 13:12:31
"Robert V. Baron" sez:
/*
 * What I'd like to suggest is that we/you go back to absolute path names
 * and root the tree at /usr/pkgsrc.  The base tgz would populate it.
 * And you would release periodic upgrades for mk,pkg_* independent of
 * the base system and synchronized with the package system.  I think
 * that the package system itself then can be placed anywhere in the source
 * tree.  (Now using absolute pathnames to the mk and package stuff.)

Er, no, please don't do that.  It introduces Yet Another Silly Symlink.

Isn't there a way to put something in, say /etc/mk.conf to counter
the undesired side effect you described...?

 */

				--*greywolf;
--
Are you being infected by a UNIX virus?  If you're receiving OS shipments
from your vendor, you may be subjecting your computer to the worst virus