Subject: Re: splitting pkgsrc.tar?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/29/1999 22:11:35
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de> writes:

>On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, Brook Milligan wrote:
>> - only infrastructure subtree for installing binary packages from
>>   other sources
>>
>> It is the latter use that is hard to do now.

>I don't know what you mean by ``other sources'', but what's wrong with
>pkg_add? You don't need pkgsrc at all for this.

Uh, you can't install -current packages on certain machines because
pkg_add bombs out.  You can't update the pkgtools on those machines either,
becuase the pkgtools can't be made into a binary package.

Having the comp set installed on all machines that you want to install
binary packages on is an unreasonable requirement, IMHO.

--
Christoph Badura

Probleme mit Linux?  Versuch NetBSD!  www.netbsd.org
Problems with Linux?  Try NetBSD!  www.netbsd.org