Subject: pkg_create is core dumping on me.
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/25/1999 02:29:07
In pkg_install-19990119, when I try to install a new pkg (I've
tried a few), pkg_create cores with a seg fault, and I've tracked
it down to

work/pkg_install/create/pl.c -- check_list().

This is called out of:

work/pkg_install/create/perform.c -- pkg_perform()

within a:

    if (PlistOnly) {
        check_list(home, &plist, basename_of(pkg));
        write_plist(&plist, stdout);
        exit(0);
    }

Is this a known fixed problem (pretty recently), or is it reproduced,
should I look into it a bit further when I get some time?

The pkg that is failing is glib-1.1.12, and there were a couple of
others.  For another point of reference, I am using NetBSD/alpha.

 == Roland
 == http://www.imrryr.org/~elric/