Subject: None
To: <>
From: John P. Refling <nbsdtp@earth.lbl.gov>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/20/1999 14:03:49
Thanks for the info mentioniong that there is indeed a package
with netatalk.  It used to be that one got the source from some
strange directory on the archive, and compiled it oneself.

I guess that I didn't notice it because I was going in thru ftp
and looked in the 1.3.3 and 1.3.2 and 1.3.1 package areas, as
opposed to the 1.3I (or whatever the letter was) for the sparc
or i386 (forgot specifically which one too).

Anyway, my point is: how can one like myself help compiling
a package (say take the one that's in 1.3.3) and bring it
up to date for a different architecture, or for an machine
which doesn't even have an one in the older pkg area?

Or is this done automatically?