Subject: Re: tangled web for pkg update
To: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/18/1999 09:04:48
On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Thorsten Frueauf wrote:

: The major problem is to be sure that its a "minor" update that does not
: break anything. E.g. lesstif ppl warned that binaries compiled with
: lesstif-0.87.0 might break when just using the new lesstif-87.1 ones
: without recompiling cause they changed some inner structures.

Then the shared library major version number should be/have been bumped.
(What, was it updated without bumping?  :)

I have a possibly better solution but it'll take some fleshing out.  I'll
post about it Soon.