Subject: Re: netscape (binary package)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/14/1999 20:57:28
tv@pobox.com (Todd Vierling) writes:
>Actually, it knows about the layout of SunOS 4.1.x CD-ROMs, and requires
>that you set the make variable SUNOS_CDROM_PATH.

Cool!

>This *could* conceivably be done manually, but then I wouldn't be able to
>guarantee PLIST consistency.

Huh? Presumably you could verify the distfiles with their MD5 sum.

>I could probably make the pkg a "no-op"
>dependency if the appropriate files were already in /emul/sunos.

I don't see why one would want to do that.  I install pkgs because I want
to put the system into a known state.

Also, this package would be useful even if we can't put the binary pkg
on the FTP server or the CDs.

--
Christoph Badura

Probleme mit Linux?  Versuch NetBSD!  www.netbsd.org