Subject: pkgdb, patch #2 available
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/14/1999 03:07:14
I have a second and final patch for the pkgdb available. Please contact me
to get it; for CVS users, I've put it up on cvs.netbsd.org in
~hubertf/pkgdb.patch2.

Some changes between the first patch:

 - Manpages have been updated - PLEASE check if this makes any sense
 - The pkgdb's filename was changed from "pkgdb.db" to pkgdb.byfile.db"
   to indicate what the key is.
 - I've added a pkg_admin command, that can be used to add and delete
   entries, as well as rebuild it from the +CONTENTS files. Other than
   for this rebuilding feature (useful if you upgrade your pkg_tools :-),
   I do *not* intend to install this pkg_admin utility for pkgdb maintainance;
   instead, ironing out the bugs in pkg_add/pkg_delete is the goal here!!!

Again, I'd like everyone to check the patch, esp. in the light of
consistency of the pkgdb (no, I do NOT mean "let's to a full rebuild after
any pkg_add/pkg_delete!). Report any feedback to me via mail. Thanks

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>