Subject: Re: netscape (binary package)
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/13/1999 22:54:56
On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, David Brownlee wrote:
>
> : 	netscape	The main binary - fine, libexec
> : 	vreg		Registration program - libexec should be ok
>
> You don't *need* this, actually, but... :>
>
> : 	Netscape.ad	App defaults - do not want to install in X11
>
> You don't need to have this at all, but if you keep it, it needs to be in
> $MOZILLA_HOME.
>
> : 	movemail	Hmm - probably expects this in $MOZILLA_HOME
>
> Yes, it does.  This is the mail access program used for `local mboxes'.

	That already laeves us with non sharable data in $MOZILLA_HOME.
	So what should $MOZILLA_HOME be? $PREFIX/lib/netscape/$app-$ver?

> : 	libjsd.so.1.0
> : 	dynfonts/libTrueDoc.so
> : 	plugins/libnullplugin.so
>
> Of course, all these belong in lib anyway.

	We already have everything else mushed together in $MOZILLA_HOME,
	so we might as well leave the rest as shipped?

		David/absolute

    "Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative." - Oscar Wilde