Subject: Re: netscape (binary package)
To: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/13/1999 17:01:59
On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Christoph Badura wrote:

: >I have such half-prepared, but it has to require distribution media (as the
: >SunOS 4.x libraries and dynamic linker are copyrighted by Sun).
:
: Cool!  So the do-fetch target instructs the user how to copy the necessary
: files into the distfiles directory?

Actually, it knows about the layout of SunOS 4.1.x CD-ROMs, and requires
that you set the make variable SUNOS_CDROM_PATH.

This *could* conceivably be done manually, but then I wouldn't be able to
guarantee PLIST consistency.  I could probably make the pkg a "no-op"
dependency if the appropriate files were already in /emul/sunos.