Subject: Re: pkgdb - testers wanted
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/13/1999 15:44:39
feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de (Hubert Feyrer) writes:

>% pkg_info -Fe /usr/X11R6/bin/pload
>	=> Shows you which package the named file belongs to

>% pkg_info -F /usr/X11R6/bin/pload
>	=> Get mode information on the package the named file belongs to

It would appear more normal to me if the default were to tell me what
package a file belongs to.  Everything else can be worked out from that
information.

Hmm, is the "file name" argument a regex to match in the pkgdb or will
I lose that functionality?  If it were a regex "pkg_info -F" could be
subsumed under "pkg_info -F .*".

I would also prefer it if making a simple error wouldn't dump the whole pkgdb
at me but gave a helpful message instead

--
Christoph Badura

Probleme mit Linux?  Versuch NetBSD!  www.netbsd.org
Problems with Linux?  Try NetBSD!  www.netbsd.org