Subject: Re: netscape (binary package)
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/12/1999 01:37:47
On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>  > Please not _more_ stuff in $PREFIX... how about $PREFIX/libexec?
> What's the problem with more stuff in $PREFIX?

It contradicts the scheme that we have directories under $PREFIX that (try
to) sort things by their function, not per-pkg. If we 'd go for that, we
could install every pkg in its own directory and put a wrapper/symlink
into the bin-dir that'll DTRT. But that's obviously not the way we chose
to do things.

So, I'd suggest put these file into some "for misc. shared and non-shared
data" dir, add a shell wrapper to find the netscape binary, and be done
with it.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>