Subject: Re: netscape (binary package)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/09/1999 21:57:15
[ On Sat, January 9, 1999 at 21:18:37 (-0500), Todd Vierling wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: netscape (binary package)
>
> Note that while the SunOS version should probably choose netscape_dns by
> default, it shouldn't `nuke' the NIS version of netscape.

I don't see any reason to keep the NIS version (especially given its
gargantuan size!  ;-).

My reasoning is that if a NetBSD/sparc machine is really using NIS to
resolve hostnames then it will be doing so via /etc/resolv.conf (with
"lookup yp"), and though this imposes an extra level of function calls,
this seems to be the NetBSD way of doing things.

Nothing is lost by deleting the NIS version.

--
							Greg A. Woods