Subject: Package paths: consensus?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/08/1999 22:45:43
On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Trouble Free RecepPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF wrote:

> Availability of resources does not imply consensual abuse of same.
> I don't WANT a 400MB /usr.  That's why I have /usr/local!

Well, as soon as you install X11 and packages associated with it,
that's screwed anyway. :-)

But from everything I've seen here, the consensus appears to be
that we go with the /etc, /var, /usr/pkg/{bin,sbin,etc.} arrangement.
I can live with this. I know that Greg Woods doesn't like this,
but are there any other people out there who have severe objections
to it?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.