Subject: Re: Package config/var file paths proposal
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/08/1999 23:31:06
On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Curt Sampson wrote:
> Currently, when working on getting the install procedures and PLIST
> for a package set up properly, it's pretty easy to end up with junk
> files lying around. It would be nice to have a simple way of getting
> rid of these. One way is to be able to put everything in a separate
> tree while developing. I'm open to other methods, but I've not seen
> one yet.

So, set LOCALBASE in /etc/mk.conf (setting X11BASE won't buy you much
thanks to X11 stupidity), and you can nuke that dirs off if you wish.

What I prefer to nuking my whole /usr/pkg is to run some "find /usr/pkg
/usr/X11R6 -newer work/.extract_done" or so, which works for most cases.
For the rest, I sit and watch what "make install" tells me. >:)

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>