Subject: RE: Why is TCL_SHARED_BUILD not 1 in the recent tcl80 package?
To: Thorsten Frueauf <frueauf@ira.uka.de>
From: Alistair Crooks <acrooks@unixltd.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/08/1999 12:07:43
	I just discovered (with help of Greg A. Woods) that the
libtoolified
	version of pkgsrc/lang/tcl80 does not seem to set
TCL_SHARED_BUILD=1.
	Is there any particular reason for this? If not - how to fix
that?

The reason is that -disable-shared is given as one of the
CONFIGURE_ARGS, because otherwise the generated Makefile contains
elements that will not work with our pkglibtool. When -disable-shared is
given, the generated tclConfig.sh is wrong.

This is #1 on my TODO list, which I nearly got around to doing last
night, but failed.

I expect to have something done by Monday.

Regards,
Alistair