Subject: Re: Package config/var file paths proposal
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Trouble Free RecepPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/07/1999 22:53:06
Hubert Feyrer sez:
/*
 * On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Curt Sampson wrote:
 * > > With a file-to-package database, not too much of a problem.  Especially
 * > > less so if we move to a base system that is also based on packages one
 * > > day...
 * >
 * > If that's the case, why have any separate directories for packages
 * > at all? Why not just install the files in /usr/bin, etc.?

Availability of resources does not imply consensual abuse of same.

I don't WANT a 400MB /usr.  That's why I have /usr/local!

 *
 * Not yet.
 *

I don't like the sound of that.

 *
 */

				--*greywolf;
--
Been there.  Done that.  Bought the T-shirt.  Destroyed the planet.  Left.