Subject: RE: ./scripts vs Makefile target?
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/05/1999 10:56:29
On 05-Jan-99 mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu spoke unto us all:
#
#  If I have a smallish operation I want to do in a package before patching,
#  is it prefered to make a shell script in "./scripts/pre-patch", or to make
#  a "pre-patch" target in the pkgsrc Makefile?  I've seen it done both ways.
#

Generally scripts are used if its a big operation.. or you want to do something
horribly complex and need perl, or whatever..  for something relatively simple,
I allways try to use the makefile targets.. so people dont have to go exploring
my directories to figure out how to fix things.

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org