Subject: Re: Path from send-pr to package commit (was: "no subject")
To: None <nbsdtp@earth.lbl.gov>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/31/1998 01:36:14
> I see that people mention that some packages have been compiled
> and are stored off site (for example today someone posted about
> a samba graphical front end available).
>
> Do these packages ever make it into the package collection
> at netbsd.org, or does one have to surf the internet and past
> mail postings to track them down?

It is my impression that many of these packages are eventually
committed to the NetBSD source tree.  The reason many of these are
sent in as a PR initially is usually that the person contributing
the work does not have direct access to commit changes to the NetBSD
CVS repository, or that the author solicits comments before the work
is committed.

- H=E5vard

PS. tech-pkg CC'ed although not explicitly present as a header
recipient of the original message, as it ought to be...