Subject: Re: /usr/pkg/etc vs. /etc
To: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
From: proprietor - Foo Bar And Grill <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/10/1998 14:02:10
Could I be counted as a vote against reforestation of symlink trees?
Yes, symlinks are useful but also abuseful.  The fewer symlinks we can
get away with, the better.

[opinion differs on CM systems!]

I think we should be structuring the hierarchy intelligently instead of
attacking it with band-aids later.  Link farms are nightmarish to clean
up at a later date.

				--*greywolf;
--
Thanks to the fact that the SysV camp couldn't accept that BSD was better
written and gave better performance and utilisation of resources, we now have